The Young Leaders (YL) are World Affairs Council members under 40 who are interested in becoming more globally aware and connected. The YL mission is to provide a platform for current global thinking, knowledge sharing and skill-building on international affairs and global issues among emerging leaders and professionals of metro Atlanta.
Council membership provides Young Leaders with a unique opportunity for emerging leaders and professionals to:
- Network with their peers through senior executive members at programs;
- Engage with experts from around the globe for a better understanding of complex global issues that affect their lives and careers;
- Develop professional competencies through
- The Global Leadership Series, featuring senior executives in dialogue with young leaders.
- The YL Mentorship Program connecting YL mentees with year-long mentoring opportunities.
- Explore the world with travel and fellowship opportunities;
- Shape the conversation with participation in the YL Executive Committee, organizing programs, socials, volunteer activities and more for YLs ready to take the next step in engagement.
Why Young Leaders?
Metro Atlanta is a leading global business and government hub. The region is home to a number of Fortune 100 corporations/organizations, which create opportunities that influence young professionals’ choices. Yet, there isn’t a single forum dedicated to the development of leadership of ‘future’ leaders. Thus, our goal is to offer:
- An avenue of development for young and emerging leaders under 40 from a diverse background of professional careers including, business, media, law, non-profit, education, government, and entrepreneur
- Preparation for future leadership in the metro Atlanta comm
- Meaningful professional development that enhances career opportunities and gro
- Structured format to dialogue about international issu
- Deeper interaction among various ethnic and professional commu
If you are under 40 and not yet a YL member, contact our Membership Manager, Alice, at email@example.com.