Putting You at the Crossroads of the World
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta is a non-partisan, membership and grant-supported organization whose mission is to provide a forum for informed discussion of the global affairs that impact Metro Atlanta and support the city’s transformation into an international economic hub.
Since 2010, the council has organized hundreds of programs exploring a diverse array of critical global issues.
Throughout the year, the council:
- Delivers relevant and impactful programs that inform and challenge new thinking about global issues and drive professional development and enrichment at all levels
- Convenes diplomats, global business leaders and topical experts for thought-provoking presentations for our members, local leaders and the general public
- Facilitates forums and roundtable discussions for corporate, non-profit and government leaders
- Cultivates future leaders through the council’s Young Leaders program
- Collaborates with Atlanta-based and national organizations to enrich dialogue and research on critical international topics
- Creates a community of members connected by the desire to deepen their understanding of the world
Council programs include:
- Discussions with diplomats, global business leaders and country experts
- Monthly member-organized discussion forums
- Young Leaders briefings, discussions, conference, socials
- Roundtable series for preferred, chairman and corporate members, including President’s and Chairman Circle Breakfasts
- Study abroad travel
- Annual Global Health Conference
- Annual Founders’ Day Reception
Through its programming, the council seeks to enhance Atlantans’ understanding of our ever-changing world and support the economic development of the city.