The World Affairs Council of Atlanta Mentoring Program links Young Leaders members in Atlanta with globally minded executives who provide consistent support, guidance, and leadership in order to facilitate personal and professional growth in international careers. The Young Leaders will match the interests of a select group of motivated members with experienced council leaders. This program will enrich the membership benefits offered to the Young Leaders, provide a forum for mentors to transfer knowledge and experience, and enhance the marketable services of the World Affairs Council of Atlanta.
Mentee Requirements & Expectations
- Commitment to professional growth and the council’s mission and objective.
- Be available to meet once a month. Most meeting locations will be completed at Georgia State’s Buckhead Center. Meeting times can vary upon the mentee’s and mentor’s schedules.
This program is not meant for mentees to increase their networking skills or to gain VC type funding for personal projects.
- Mentees’ World Affairs Council annual dues must be current.
- Mentees must attend three World Affairs Council events a year.
Of the three World Affairs Council events that mentees must attend, one must be a Young Leaders Global Leadership Dialogue Series program.
- Mentees must volunteer their time to at least one World Affairs Council event.
- Mentees must provide a monthly summary of mentorship activities.