Young Leaders Head to China
Develop global leadership skills through cross-cultural exposure to Chinese business, media, and culture.
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders (YL) aim to provide unique opportunities to facilitate the development of future young and innovative global leaders who are fully informed, socially responsible, and culturally aware. The YL mission is to provide a platform for current global thinking, knowledge sharing and skill-building on international affairs and global issues among emerging leaders and professionals of metro Atlanta.
Its aspiration is to:
- Be a bridge to young leaders and professionals of all ethnic groups
- Provide a voice of future leaders to the senior corporate, government and civic leadership
- Facilitate networking and dialogue on international issues that affect professional and personal opportunities
- Be the organization that champions growth through collaboration
Why Young Leaders
Metro Atlanta is a leading global business and government hub. The region is home to several Fortune 100 corporations/organizations, which create opportunities that influence young professionals’ choices. Yet, there isn’t a single forum dedicated to the development of leadership of ‘future’ leaders.
Thus, our goal is to offer:
- An avenue of development for young and emerging leaders in their 20s and 30s from a diverse background of professional careers including, business, media, law, non-profit, education, government and entrepreneurs
- Preparation for future leadership in the metro Atlanta community
- Meaningful professional development that enhances career opportunities and growth
- Structured format to dialogue about international issues
- Deeper interaction amongst various ethnic professional communities
World Affairs Council of Atlanta and Young Leaders
This forum provides a unique opportunity for emerging leaders and professionals to:
- Learn about the importance of geo-politics & policy in the 21st century and how to apply that knowledge in their daily professions
- Learn from seasoned global leaders who are regular guests of the Council
- Share the voice of ‘young leaders’ with the senior leadership and decision makers in the community
- Disseminate the senior leadership discussions down to the next generation of leaders
- Gain practical insights on how to do business internationally
- Network and connect with fellow experts and professionals from a variety of fields and industries