Putting You at the Crossroads of the World
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta is a non-partisan, membership and grant-supported organization whose mission is to provide a forum for discussion and understanding of international affairs and the complex global issues that impact Atlanta’s corporate community, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and the general public.
Since 2010, the council has organized hundreds of programs exploring a diverse array of critical global issues.
Throughout the year, the council:
- Delivers relevant and impactful programs that inform and challenge new thinking about global issues and drive professional development and enrichment at all levels
- Convenes diplomats, global business leaders and topical experts for thought-provoking presentations for our members, local leaders and the general public
- Facilitates forums and roundtable discussions for corporate, non-profit and government leaders
- Cultivates future leaders through the council’s Young Leaders program
- Collaborates with Atlanta-based and national organizations to enrich dialogue and research on critical international topics
- Creates a community of members connected by the desire to deepen their understanding of the world
Council programs include:
- Discussions with diplomats, global business leaders and country experts
- Monthly member-organized discussion forums
- Young Leaders briefings, discussions, conference, socials
- Roundtable series for preferred, chairman and corporate members, including President’s and Chairman Circle Breakfasts
- Study abroad travel
- Annual Global Health Conference
- Annual Founders’ Day Reception
Through its programming, the council seeks to enhance Atlantans’ understanding of our ever-changing world and support the economic development of the city.