Connecting you to the pressing issues that affect Atlanta’s business, non-profits, government agencies, and residents
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta is a non-partisan, membership, and grant-supported organization whose mission is to provide a forum for dialogue, a source of expertise, and an engine for research on international affairs and global issues that impact the corporate community, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and the general public.
The council has a strong track record of offering a diverse array of programs that explore pressing global issues and achieves its mission by:
- Delivering relevant and impactful programs that inform and challenge new thinking about global issues and drive professional development and enrichment at all levels
- Convening diplomats, global business leaders, and topical experts for thought-provoking presentations for our members, local leaders, and the general public
- Facilitating forums and roundtable discussions for corporate, non-profit and government leaders
- Cultivating future leaders through the council’s Young Leaders program
- Collaborating with Atlanta-based and national organizations to enrich dialogue and research on critical international topics
- Creating a community of members connected by the desire to deepen their understanding of the world
What We Do
The purpose of the council is to provide a forum for discussion and a source of knowledge and expertise on international and global issues for the corporate community, government leaders and the general public. A further objective is to support the economic development of Atlanta, the state and the region. The council maintains close relationships with corporate leaders, government officials, the diplomatic corps and relevant international organizations. The council will contribute greatly to the community by providing access to high-profile American and international leaders who can deepen our understanding of critical world issues and how our country can best respond to the challenges it faces.
The council’s outreach to the public includes:
- presentations and discussions with diplomats, global business leaders and country experts
- Young Leaders monthly briefings and other events
- annual conference on international topics organized by the Young Leaders
The council’s outreach to the business community includes:
- the Global Strategic Leadership Forum
- the Business Round Table Series
Where We Are Located
While the council holds events throughout the Atlanta metro area, its offices are located at:
GSU Buckhead Center
Tower Place 200, Suite 500
3348 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
When Programs Are Held
The council holds events year-round. Programs include breakfast briefings, luncheons, evening programs and conferences.
Why: The Mission
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta is the premier convener on international topics that affect Atlanta and the world. Our mission is to provide a forum for dialogue, a source of expertise, and an engine for research on the international issues that matter to Atlanta. We are a non-partisan, membership and grant supported organization dedicated to enhancing our community’s understanding of the world – locally, nationally, and globally.